Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Russell Street School Impressions

First off wow! This school is on top of things. If you are a parent of a student at this school you can never complain you don't know what is going on in the classroom or around the school. The teachers and administrators have to spend a great deal of time working on these blogs and need to be commended for their fantastic work. I am interested to see the amount of training these teachers go through to have a grasp on this blogging thing.

I am also impressed with the student blogs that are showcased here. Even the younger students are able to put their ideas out there for others to see. This would be a great way for elementary and middle school students to work on their writing and get constructive feedback from both their teachers and their peers. I would love to get something like this going at my school. Lack of communication is an issue that we face at my school and this could be a great way to keep our parents informed.

2 comments:

  1. I am also very interested in how a school goes about launching blogging campus wide. What sort of training did they have? How were they able to get all teachers onboard? Do you have thoughts about how you might bring this idea to your school site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think about the training required for teachers until I read your post. You bring up a very interesting point though! Now I am very curious how this school went about getting ALL of their teachers on the same level and comfortable with blogging. Must have taken some serious time and patience. I am wishing my school could afford to spend that much time with our teacher so that we could accomplish something like this!

    ReplyDelete