Saturday, July 30, 2016

Thoughts about Russell Street School

For the past two years I have tried to up keep a blog for my parents/guardians. I love any chance I can get to see other classroom blogs, so naturally I was drawn to Russell Street School and had a great time browsing their website and google site. I don't know if I was visually blown away about the technology in the classroom. I definitely got the impression technology was used and implemented in a successful way. What blew me away was the resources the students have access to. I was impressed with the unity of the school that was shown through blogs. I appreciated the tab aspect to help organize and steer visitors. It was exciting to see blogs in action as a school.

I loved how simple each post was. They were just trying to highlight something going on in their classroom. I like to imagine they have kept it simple to maybe strike up a conversation with their child about their day. The school seemed to be family centered and maybe this was a way to bring com munition within the family. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, technology seems like a very natural part of the RSS experience. It doesn't feel deliberate (although, it obviously is) or superfluous but very much an outgrowth of their learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your thoughts here. I think that it was used as a simple form of communication and reminded me a lot of a digital newsletter. However, I still think what they are doing is awesome.

    ReplyDelete